Italmatch Chemicals, Global Specialty Chemical Group with leadership in Lubricant, Water & Oil, Detergents, Plastics Additives Markets and Phosphorus, several manufacturing plants and subsidiaries in Europe, Asia Pacific and USA, is looking for a
Global Technical Development Manager- Lubricants
He/She will report to the Global Sales and Marketing Director with whom he will be responsible for filling the product pipeline and timely, effective delivery of all new projects. He/she will be the connection and the exponent of the market opportunities (commercial view) and the product development (technical point of view).
- To promote new project programs, defining the scope of technical and applicative work, liaising on relevant requirements with R&D and Sales & Marketing Departments.
- To circulate internally development status reports, defining the work and progress on all Lube projects
- To support Regulatory Department in meeting the global regulatory requirements and properly filling MSDS as well as to work alongside with Quality and Production Department on new specifications and method of manufacture of the newly developed product following through to successful Pilot Plant batch manufacture
- To prepare technical presentation for sales force and to support the development of Technical Data & Applicative Data sheets together with product management and on occasion to travel and provide technical input for customer seminars as required
- To support M&A team in any new acquisition projects related to Lube business, in respect to the technical aspects and benefits perceived of any such company acquisition
- To provide internal training on Products, applications and testing equipment as required for Sales, Distributors and internal technical staff as required
- To support the Company on its key global customers on a needs basis and visit, as required and agreed, to discuss and provide updates of ongoing activities/projects;
- Together with Technical Innovation and Process/Quality Improvement Manager, prepare budgets on new technical equipment required for application testing equipment, plus any human resource requirements to ensure efficient completion on all R&D as well as Customer Service work. In addition to prepare an outside testing budget for new data generation where there are gaps in current equipment capabilities
- When appropriate and identified by the business, to present a technical paper on an agreed topic at any of the main global conferences
- To write a technology strategy paper for new products, to further enhance the current product line and identify new areas in which the Company plays in the lubricants industry
- Effectively manage a small team to provide an effective development & technical service function necessary to accomplish the Lube Development Business Plan.
Qualifications and experience:
- Holds a Degree in Chemistry; the attendance of specialization courses is preferred
- knows the R&D function; is experienced and has management and planning skills; is familiar with the main management principles of the financial and material resources; knows how to manage and coordinate resources and project teams
- knows the benchmarking methods and instruments, the marketing and the product life cycle principles (marketing mix: product, price, etc.) and the technology intelligence
- has gained experience on the chemical product R&D, mainly on the lubricants industry
- is used to communicate with the colleagues – technical and sales resources and clients.
Skills and attributes:
- Fluency in English - Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
- Ability to guide the work of others, experience in international and multicultural environments
- Customer orientation and proactivity
Location: Arese (MI)
Mcs garantisce le pari opportunità (L. 903/77). Gli interessati sono invitati a visionare sul sito www.mcs-selection.it l’informativa relativa al trattamento dei dati personali (art. 13 D.Lgs 196/03). Aut. Min. Lavoro e Politiche Sociali dlgs 276/2003 n° 5882 del 26.02.2007
Mcs Management Consulting & Selection: consulenti nelle Risorse Umane, da sempre Partner nei successi dei nostri Clienti